Finally, we are at decision day. Today is the only poll that matters. I have watched hours of negative ads and have been called everything from election denier, Mega MAGA, radical, Nazi, and more. I guess I should be glad about the name-calling, labeling, and finger-pointing. Because it means the other side has nothing. After tomorrow, they can call me, and all Republicans, Uncle, because I am leaning towards a bloodbath for the Democrats tomorrow. They deserve it.
Joe Biden says the midterms are not a referendum but a choice. Both words have the same meaning in the political arena, and the choice between Democrats and Republicans cannot be more apparent. Nobody should call themselves Independent because today’s world is black and white. There is no gray. If you call yourself an Independent, you have not paid attention to the candidates.
As a Republican, these are what I stand for and what I want my representatives in Washington to believe in:
- I am Pro-Life, but if a woman chooses to terminate her pregnancy, it should not be in the third trimester.
- I am against Defunding and/or eliminating the Police. Police are part of the solution to our growing crime problem
- I believe in sovereignty and not in Open Borders, and no limit to the number of illegal immigrants
- Voting rights are for citizens and never for non-citizens
- The Supreme Court should have nine justices…..period
- We need fossil fuels and need to be energy independent
- End No-Cash Bail and the emptying of prisons
- There should be no Amnesty for illegal aliens entering through our Southern Border
- Parents have a critical say in their child’s education.
- That CRT has no place in our schools
- I am against Voiding Student Loans and free college
- I believe the Electoral College is integral to making my vote count
- The States should control their election process
- Children should not take steps to transgender without parental consent
- Sexually explicit books have no place in elementary school libraries
- Children should not be exposed to gender options in third grade
These are not Radical views but rather Conservative views, with many having their foundation in our Constitution. I also believe in interpreting the Constitution as written, not in how you think it should have been written.
We need to end the Progressive ideas that have destroyed our economic growth, given us an inflation rate at a forty-year high, weakened our military, eradicated our borders, and lessened our position as a global power.
I recognize Joe Biden as our President, but we need a Republican Congress to balance our government. Our Constitution gave us a government with three branches and no provision for a singular ruler with a pen. We need to rethink the process of Executive Orders. As it is now, we can have a President governing with a pen, and if the opposing Party takes the White House, these orders can be reversed on Day One with a pen.
The Democrats have not only taken our country in the wrong direction, but they have also been tone-deaf in this cycle, putting all of their attention on “reproductive rights….abortion. There are not enough people concerned about abortion to turn the tide. They are going to get what they deserve tomorrow.
I look forward to a great day for the Republicans tomorrow, but I will live with the results. I will also be glad to see an end to the negative ads and the great divide. Joe Biden said he was a unifier and lied. I hope we can somehow find a way to bring this country together and turn down the noise. That may be the biggest challenge for whoever wins. They will need our support and our prayers.